Sunday, April 23, 2006

Cause for concern?

UPDATE (6.12.06): I just followed up on the site mentioned below and am happy to report that it has been taken over by a link site and appears to be "dead". This is good news for all of us. I will continue to keep this one in my watchdog list until it is completely gone.

As everyone should know by now I am a staunch supporter of free speech and the rights of the individual. However, that does not mean I live in an ivory tower either. I completely understand the base nature of man and his inclinations towards evil. Having said all that I have noticed something lately that I thought worthy of attention and some cause for concern. During the last week I have noticed, along with other bloggers, a new commentor popping up on mostly female blogs with an interesting name. Anytime you see the name "rapist" in comments you have to be curious. On checking out this new bloggers website, which is I Rape for Fun, or Forced Entry the cause for some concern becomes obvious. The posts gleefully recount forced rape scenario's either real or imagined. Personally such conduct does nothing but sicken me. But that's me. Again, I am not here to make judgement calls, only to alert you to this current issue and what is going on. I believe, at the very least, that this deserves to be watched. And that we as a community need to be aware of it. Forewarned is forearmed I suppose.

11 Comments:

Blogger Evil Minx Had this to say...

Amen. Well said, Art.

12:30 PM  
Blogger spcknght Had this to say...

Ditto on Minxie's comment.

I'm thinking this boy needs a suitable application of a clue bat upside his noggin'. ANYBODY that gets off on raping an individual is akin to torture and should be tried for crimes against humanity.

Some facets of society sickens the shit outta me.

12:50 PM  
Blogger ArtfulDodger Had this to say...

Thanks. I'm always caught between "free speech" and "decency", but I don't believe anyone could condone the language used or the tone of this blog. It is worthy of concern I believe.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Had this to say...

I'm deleting his comments, no matter how innocuous they might be.

He's not going to use my blog for advertising.

Thanks for posting this Art.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown Had this to say...

I think this is an argument worth having.. The liberal in me says that the act of rape should be condemed because it violates the freedom of the victim.

I'm think writing is different though. I'm not against such a site being written, I'm against me reading it. While another part of me considers exploring such things in fantasy makes exploring them in reality less (tempting?).

7:48 PM  
Blogger Evil Minx Had this to say...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:06 AM  
Blogger Evil Minx Had this to say...

No, Ashley, i disagree with you.

It's a question of human decency.

Maybe "exploring such things in fantasy makes exploring them in reality less (tempting?)".

Or maybe the exact opposite? Wanna be the unfortunate victim who finds out? I certainly don't.

4:07 AM  
Blogger Hazed Had this to say...

As a rape survivor, myself, I can assure you that many of us would like nothing more than to find these people who "poke fun" at rape and beat them with a swordfish - sword still attached. On the other hand, as a very strong advocate for free speech, I can understand a person's right to say or post whatever they feel. I'd have to say, though, if someone were to come to their blog and fill the comments with racial slurs and radical ideals that would, most likely, cause heated discontent, they should think about what they write. I'm not saying I would do that - because I have more class than that, and respect for my fellow human beings. But, poking fun at a life-long ache that some of us endure is just not cool. No matter how the writer intended their words. This is only my opinion, though. Free speech is free speech and it applies to everyone in our nation.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Dee Jour Had this to say...

yep let's give these blogs free advertising by linking them.

good one.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Viviane Had this to say...

This totally looks like a spam blog. Can we all make sure to 'flag' it?

Thanks.

7:03 PM  
Blogger NeverEnough Had this to say...

We as human beings NEED to make judgment calls and to use our common sense to be able to differentiate between normal sexual fantasies and stories and deviant psychopaths.

This guy is not normal or healthy in any way.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home