Saturday, February 04, 2006

Post Theft

*waves to all her friends*

Hello all.....

I do not doubt that most of you are aware of a certain blogsite that is stealing our posts and reposting them - I won't be giving the link here, anyone who is interested is more than welcome to email me at my gmail address.

Thus far I know that one of my posts has been taken, one of the lovely Salacious Desires and one of Virgin Slut's to name but three. Each post includes a link to the site that it has been taken from, however there is no clear indication that the work has come from elsewhere.

This is, I am sure in no way as serious a threat as that suffered recently by many of you, however for those of us who consider their posts their "babies" it's infuriating to see someone taking them without seeking permission first. This site is in no way a "round-up" of posts, it seems to me just straight forward theft.

Again, anyone who wants the link, email me at Icemaiden01@gmail.com. I see no reason to give this person free advertising! And a massive thank you to SD for bringing this to my attention in the first place (she also has a post on the topic at her wonderful blog)

Kisses

The Maiden xx

9 Comments:

Blogger ArtfulDodger Had this to say...

I have posted the following comment on the site in question and will continue to monitor it for the next few days.

To whom it may concern,

This comment serves as a friendly warning and notice, I suggest you take it very seriously. I am aware that several, if not all, of the works currently on display within this blog are not your original works and are in fact the original copyrighted works of authors from whom you have not received permission to re-publish. This is not considered acceptable under Fair Use and is in fact a violation of accepted copyright laws, both in the United States and under International Law.

If, such works as you do not have written authorization from the authors, is not removed from this blog within 24 hous, I will have no recourse but to contact Blogger directly regarding your violation. I will also contact the United States Copyright Office and you may be subject to Federal investigation.

I sincerely hope that such actions will not prove necessary. However, we are prepared to take such action to protect the rights of fellow bloggers.

For more information about this subject I suggest you visit, http://sopinternetcensorship.blogspot.com
or http://www.eff.org/br/

We fully support the freedom of expression that blogging represents, but copyright infringement is a serious matter.

Sincerely,
Artfuldodger

A letter like this usuallly works, so we'll see what happens. If it doesn't come down I'll follow up with Blogger and the USCO. Thanks.

2:32 PM  
Blogger ArtfulDodger Had this to say...

UPDATE: The posts have been removed and only photos remain up at this time. I will keep an eye on the site from time to time to make sure it stays that way. But so far it looks good.

9:07 PM  
Blogger SD Had this to say...

Thanks, artfuldodger!! You quite simply rock!!

Mmmwwwaaahhh!

S to the D

9:09 PM  
Blogger ArtfulDodger Had this to say...

Sweet - This is the place to report these issues, so you shouldn't feel bad you should let someone know about it. Feel free to email me or anyone else here and we'll see what can be done. We can't rely on anyone else to police these issues for us.

SD - awww, shucks. :)

9:15 PM  
Blogger ~ Hannah Had this to say...

Oh, Dodger, you absolutely ROCK! *smooches*

8:29 PM  
Blogger Viviane Had this to say...

I'd also set up a search on
Technorati:
http://www.technorati.com/search/

and use the 'Website URL Search' to see the sites that link to you. I've found a couple of copycats that way.
If you set up and claim your blog, you can also have the results via RSS.

9:41 PM  
Blogger ArtfulDodger Had this to say...

Good point Viviane, using the RSS feed is a good way to keep track of lots of things.

5:41 AM  
Blogger magdelena Had this to say...

I'll need to mail one of you for the URL of this site. The bastard that stole my work (along with countless others) is still there, but hasn't posted since late December.

I contacted Blogger regarding copyright infringement and finally heard back from them. I'll mail their response to any one who's interested in the official line.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Demon Queen Had this to say...

I'm so glad that we are here to work on this together.

A few people can effect change. More than a few and we can rule the world!!!

Okay, maybe not. But we can make a difference.

Love you guys.

You rock!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home