Saturday, February 04, 2006

File under: weirder shit

Weird things be a-happening in the world of Blogger.

This time I am not accusing them of censorship, but I'm concerned that they themselves may be under attack. I've been having some very weird happenings with my comment moderation -- comments not being sent to me, but appearing in the moderation tab for one. Me publishing comments and them not showing up for another. Me publishing comments and them disappearing from the comment box -- despite my receipt of an emailed copy proving that they'd actually been published.

I've been going around in circles all fucking day.

I also received the following letter from Deadly Female:


Subject: Blogger is playing nasty games with me :

It's sending comments to my inbox but not publishing them. And I just made a
new post which I successfully managed to post a comment on but I just went back
to my blog and it has deleted the whole post as if it didn't exist.

Shit! I don't like this, I don't know what's going on.....

DF xx


Also yesterday Blogger was unresponsive on and off all (European time) day. Odd.

The events of the last few weeks have made me super-alert to any abnormalities. I do not rule out the possibility that I am over-reacting. Feel free to pat me gently on the head and smile benevolently as you tell me not to be such a moronic waste of space.

But just in case... I'm posting this. Anyone got anything soothing for the ears of a Minx?

PS I'm posting this at 4.00 a.m. according to this blog's timezone, but for me it's 2.00 p.m. (GMT + 2). If that helps.

7 Comments:

Blogger Deadly Female Had this to say...

Thanks Minx xx

5:00 AM  
Blogger ArtfulDodger Had this to say...

I do know that Blogger is updating the software and server security of the system, has been for the last day and a half, so that could be causing your problems. Sorta caught in the middle. If you've noticed our sites have been having intermittent access issues since yesterday, this is a result of the system upgrades. I wouldn't worry and hopefully this will make things better for the immediate future. Fingers crossed.

6:22 AM  
Blogger O Had this to say...

What AD said. Look at the Blogger status page, as Vivianne suggests above. In re: comments, I know this is happening to others also; I'd also attribute it to the system upgrade.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Evil Minx Had this to say...

I did look at the status page, which explained the outages yesterday, but not the other issues.

They also said they were all done now, and that everything was hunky dory. However, i still can't post, publish a comment or even successfully save a draft.

I've written to them, we'll see what happens.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Goose Had this to say...

This seems to be happening to me too.
Odd.

12:07 PM  
Blogger ArtfulDodger Had this to say...

It happening everywhere, what they aren't saying is that they are having some trouble with the new software and had to re-configure today. It is a massive system. Hang in there. Hopefully they'll have this resolved shortly.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Dee Jour Had this to say...

I had comments missing, a whole host of crap over the weekend and thought it to be just that, technical glitches but even so, some comments weren't restored.

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home