Saturday, February 04, 2006

Damn you, and the horse you rode in on

I'm wondering if this posting will remain. Hi, I'm Steff, and I'll be your pilot. My profile has never worked, so I'm the author of the Cunting Linguist, if you care.

This is my inaugural posting here, so a warm thanks to the Queen and the goodly folks who've allowed me to crash this party.

I think I just got censored by the gods that run this dog & pony show. I posted this, "Damn you, insert blogging host you're presently viewing through!" grumbling today. It vanished.

I've received a bunch of comments that have failed to be saved on the site itself after being auto-forwarded to my email comment-alert box. One, though, fortunately proved I wasn't just hallucinating after smoking some of the locally available herbs or anything, since it had to do specifically with the content of my bitching post.

I'd like to take a moment to laugh with hilarity at the ludicrous suggestion that Google, holding out on its searchable items history from the US Federal government, was doing anything altruistic like protecting freedom of speech. No, they were protecting their $400 share price from their buddies at Yahoo! and MSN.

Censorship is alive and well, and the bottom line is the only concern with Google at their subsidiaries at this time, this resident host included.

Anyhow, you can bet my writing's getting backed up as I type. I can't trust this host anymore.

6 Comments:

Blogger ArtfulDodger Had this to say...

Steff, welcome to SIC! While we all share your concerns I would like to point out that Blogger has been making some server changes the past two days, updating and installing new security systems. I had a post skip yesterday as well and had to re-post it later, also had some re-building and uploading problems. While this might not explain your issues, I thought it was at least worthwhile to point out. Because it might.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Orpheus Had this to say...

Scribe, I think Blogger's technical issues were almost certainly the reason for your problems. When stuff like this happens, it's always worth keeping an eye on http://status.blogger.com/ where they post about technical problems - mind you, having said that, the outages of the past few days have been so major that even the Blogger Status blog was unavailable. That's the kind of thing that really does make one slap one's forehead in disbelief.

12:07 AM  
Blogger Orpheus Had this to say...

And, um, if I'd read the posts lower down, I would have seen that everybody's already posted about this and given the link to the Blogger Status page.

I'll get me coat.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Dee Jour Had this to say...

If Bill Gates does it (censors things, like a blog, which has occured), then others think they can as well.

3:28 AM  
Blogger Scribe Called Steff Had this to say...

I whined about them again and it's stayed up, so hopefully that was just a stupid blogger weekend from hell. I hate it when it goes so wonky with blogger.

Thanks for the welcome. :)

3:58 PM  
Blogger Demon Queen Had this to say...

I emailed one of the blogger techs and he said that they had a server down, so the info was getting lost in the transfer. They added a new server and transferred everything.

Hopefully all will be smooth sailing, however, as in any case of new servers there will be more downtime as they get the bugs out.

In the meantime we wait and pull out our hair. And I just got mine done! Sheesh!

Welcome CL!
I am so glad that you have come to join us.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home