Sunday, January 15, 2006

Why you should switch to Firefox now (CNet.com)

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3513_7-5515107-1.html

Can you imagine the Internet without pictures? A new flaw in the way Windows, and therefore Internet Explorer, renders JPEG images--one of the most common image formats on the Web--should make you think twice about whether you should display them. At the very least, it should nudge you into considering an alternative Internet browser, such as Firefox.

The code to exploit this flaw is now public. Usually, exploit code release is the first step toward a new virus or worm, and as we have seen before, the time from exploit to virus is generally about two to three weeks. In other words, the clock is ticking.

(more...)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous Had this to say...

Firefox is awesome. I hesitated forever in switching but I'm glad I did.

Much better, less crap, clear, simple...no problem.

Go. Switch. Now.

2:30 PM  
Blogger spcknght Had this to say...

Not to mention Tabbed Browsing. I won't use IE ever again just for that alone.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Sapphire Had this to say...

I use Avant. It's cool.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Demon Queen Had this to say...

I love the tabbed browsing.
I love having everything open and still flying through when I'm surfing.

Very cool.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home