Friday, January 13, 2006

Thank you, suggestion, question

Hello everyone...thanks for inviting me to join. Like you, I'm very troubled by what happened yesterday. My little blog has become such a refuge for me that I hate to think about it being destroyed.

Here's a suggestion. I mentioned it in my own blog too. DON'T send a Word file to anyone...not even through an anonymous email address. Word files have your licensing information attached to them...or in my case, my husband's licensing information. He has a very google-able name. The person I sent my file to now knows my husband's name and where I live. Scary, huh?

The price I pay for being an idiot, I guess.

So here's my question...is there a way to keep your IP address off of other people's site meters? So that when they check, they can't extrapolate from your comment where you live?

AAG

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous Had this to say...

Wow...thanks, Jeff!

1:44 PM  
Blogger O Had this to say...

Oh cool, jeff! thanks! Would you think about writing a post here for all of us less technically adept people, explaining how it works in tiny words I can understand?

AAG, I was just researching this very thing--I don't know much about it, I will see about posting a link to an article I found on it, and hopefully Jeff or someone else will do a post explaining it all.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home