Friday, January 13, 2006

Protecting Your Anonymity

Some suggestions from SK:

clear your history after every visit
set your computer not to share passwords
if possible do not sign in to blogger site when log onto a network (people> can gain access through your computer)>
lastly have no info posted that can be linked to real life

O:
use an email account dedicated only to your blog, and not linked to you in any other way.
Gmail and hushmail are best. Yahoo and hotmail will reveal your IP in the headers.

DQ:
Never check your email from work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Evil Minx Had this to say...

OK, i have a genuine question:

I have a work laptop. At home, i can connect it to the work extranet, or not, depending on my mood. Naturally, unless i'm working, i don't.

At work, obviously, i'm automatically connected to the work network.

I use a gmail account which has absolutely no connection to my real world. No information, no metadata -- nada.

I always log into gmail afresh, whenever i check my mail. I have no cookies enabled to remember me.

In this situation, is it OK if i check my gmail from work? I figured it was pretty secure, but i'm open to being told i'm wrong.

Minxxxx

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home