Saturday, January 28, 2006

To all my blogging friends

To All My Dear Blogging Friends,

The old Artfuldodger is saying goodbye this morning with a heavy heart and a tear in his eye. I started The Secret Brain on December 5th, 2005, less than two months ago. And like everything that I do I put my heart and soul into making it the best that it could be. During this short time I met many wonderful, amazing, talented and open people, people that are among the best that I have ever known. I thank you for that opportunity and for opening your arms to me, and eventually to Lady L as well. We both sincerely appreciate that more than you could possibly ever know.

For whatever reason, The Secret Brain has found itself under attack since the beginning from unknown and known forces that have tried to bring it down. From spam attacks, to hacking, to stealing, to threats and other attempts, someone has had it out for me since day one. I'm not sure of the motivation and it doesn't really matter much to me at this point. This morning was the last straw. The carefully constructed shield is gone and the potential for exposure is all too real. I cannot afford to allow that to happen. And so whoever they are, they have finally succeeded and I hope they are happy this morning, because I am not.

The Secret Brain is gone, never to return. I will be leaving my email intact for the time being and then shutting it down as well. I have some unfinished business with one of your site designs, and for the others who have requested help, please forgive me but I will be unable to complete those projects.

Again, I dearly love you all and have enjoyed my time as a member of your proud community. It would be my pleasure to return someday among you and to always count you as my friends.

Keep the courage,

--
Artfuldodger - The Secret Brain

4 Comments:

Blogger Evil Minx Had this to say...

Shit, Art.

That absolutely sucks. I am so so sorry that you have to go through this, and even sorrier that there won't be any more Secret Brain.

Please be in touch: minxy dot grin at gmail dot com.

My warmest love to Lady L.

Minxxxxx

7:47 AM  
Blogger Goose Had this to say...

THis sucks. We've heard from this guy too, now that I've read all the posts here I recognize his email.
Shit.
Best of luck Artful

4:12 PM  
Blogger ArtfulDodger Had this to say...

Goose and gander - if you have any information to share please send it to me. I have some people that would be interested in seeing it. Thanks.

secretbrain1138 at gmail dot com

4:51 PM  
Blogger ArtfulDodger Had this to say...

I don't if this is related yet, but Biker and Teacher's site is down now.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home